Striving for Accuracy
Today we learnt about the Habits of Mind, Striving for Accuracy. I learnt that it is important for me to work with precision and accuracy, especially in the workshop as it minimises the need for remaking jobs. For instance, if I am not striving for accuracy when I am gluing a job together, I could get glue running all over my job meaning I would have to spend unnecessary time cleaning it off, or I might not glue my job square, which would result in me having to pull my job apart, clean it all up and re-glue it. Also if I am not striving for accuracy when setting a machine up, I might not set it up properly which could result in parts of the machine coming free, resulting in a work place accident.
My partner and I have made a poster to hang in the workshop to help us remember to strive for accuracy.
No comments:
Post a Comment