Whiteboard and Safety Video
Today in class we were introduced to whiteboard. I always had thought that when you cut whiteboard the dust would just irritate you and get up your nose. However I learnt today that the dust that is created when the blade cuts through the board can cause respiratory problems and has even been linked to causing cancers! I also learnt that when using another type of board, MDF, it also poses the same health concerns, plus because the dust particles are even finer when cutting, the dust can absorb into your skin. The reason both types of boards dusts are hazardous is because of the chemicals used in the glues when the boards are being made. To protect ourself from these hazards, dust masks are to be used when cutting or making dust, when cutting lots of board it is a smart idea to use barrier cream on exposed parts of skin to minimise absorption of dust.
We also had to examine a tool that we will be using in the workshop and make a short safety video of the tool. The tool I chose to examine is a chisel. Please watch my video.
Video by Harvey Flynn
Image source from
http://plierstools.en.made-in-china.com/productimage/TMFnxDPJqHVi-2f0j00yvktFNdIwocg/China-Wood-Chisel.html

No comments:
Post a Comment